Happy Sammy

Happy Sammy
Sammy

Wednesday 18 January 2012

A change in meds

It's been over a week since I had my last Cartrophen injection. There is no noticible change. If anything my limp has become more pronounced. Mom and dad suspect there is little chance of future injections doing anything to ease my pain. I'ld say they're right. A phone call to the vet yesterday revealed their suspicions were true. The damage to my elbow is beyond what can be halted at this point. Dr. Shawna is sending us some new meds which I will start as soon as they arrive. In the meantime I've been told I need to do a little more moving around. Mom has been controling the amount of movement I get in hopes of easing my pain. Doc says I need to keep it mobile. So when the meds arrive there will be a routine movement regiment included. Oh dear oh dear. I wish I could just stay laying on my soft, warm bed all day. Mom doesnt want to - but - the doc thinks our only avenue at this point is to go with pain management on NSAID
Pics and updates to follow. Duchess Sammy's PhotoBucket

No comments:

Post a Comment